Message from the Dean
“In the attempt to actualize the vision and mission, Faculty of Education endeavors to give the best services for faculty members, particularly in continuing their education. In realizing it, Faculty of Education’s motto “Never Ending to Grow” implies that since established, and its journey Faculty of Education keeps growing and developing along with the world development. In other words, Faculty of Education will always give the best services to support education development in Indonesia, relentlessly.”
Faculty of Education at a Glance
Faculty of Education of Yogyakarta State University was established on August 14, 1950 . This Faculty upholds these vision and missions:
by 2025, Faculty of Education envisions to be an internationally acclaimed faculty for the centre of enlightenment and modernization based on conscience, independence, intellectuality and nationalism.
Faculty of Education YSU carries out the missions as follows
1. To develop and implement the XXI century national education paradigm of Faculty of Education
2. To conduct academic and professional education based on research, in the field of early childhood education, elementary education, non-formal and informal education, special education, counseling and guidance, education technology, education policy, and other educational fields.
3. To conduct education research also to develop concept and improve educational practice. In addition to disseminates and publish it on a local, national, and international scope
4. To implement community services based on research.
5. To facilitate student activities and to realize academic atmosphere in order to implement the academic and professional education.
6. To strengthen faculty institutional capacities and performances in order to carry out the Tridarma (Education, Research and Community Services) institutional missions, in an integrated manner.
The Departments in Faculty of Education
1. Department of Philosophy and Sociology of Education
2. Department of Educational Psychology and Guidance
3. Department of Curriculum and Technology Education
4. Department of Educational Administration
5. Department of Non-Formal Education
6. Department of Special Education
7. Department of Pre-school and Elementary School Education
Faculty of Education YSU opens all chances of synergistic partnerships between the Faculty and other parties nationally and internationally. The partnerships the implementation of University collaboration with other Institutions. The partners are:
- Apex Institute of Management, India
- Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund Deutschland e. V
- Burapha University, Thailand
- Yala Rajabhat University, Thailand
- The University of Bayreuth, Germany
- Aichi University of Education, Japan
- University of Malaya
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
- Universitas Pendidikan Sultan Idris Malaysia
- University of North Texas, USA
- Northern Illinois University, USA
- Ohio State University, USA
- University of North Alabama
- Mindanao State University